Season's Greetings from IAC
It has been quite the year for us all. We began 2020 at IAC with our third consecutive Ofsted outstanding judgement and whilst the pandemic has slowed things down a little, we have still been incredibly busy and international matching has finally resumed. So far since 1st April 2020:
- 10 children from abroad have joined their new families in the UK
- 15 children from the UK have joined their new families
- 51 families have been approved as suitable to adopt
- 132 local authorities have partnered with us for intercountry services
- 200 calls or more have been taken by our advice lines every month
Many of our approved adopters have had to wait even longer than planned for a match because so many of the countries we work with had paused matching activity and had travel restrictions in place. Some have continued to wait and made use of the many virtual groups and courses we have run this year, and others have decided to purse an adoption in the UK. We have therefore been thankful to be able to offer such a choice.
Our services will close between 24/12/2020 and 9am on 04/01/2021 so our teams can have a proper, well-deserved break over the holidays.
We look forward to an even better, healthier 2021, and to continuing to work to support our children and families. Adoption is for life, so is our support.
Happy Christmas to all those who are celebrating and a very Happy New Year!